Thursday, October 15, 2015

You're committed

Hubs "wow, you're committed! why red?"
Me "well, I've always wanted a red wall"
Hubs "ok then, you have your red wall"

Not sure why I've wanted a red wall... I can take a few guesses.
Red was a no no growing up.
Red symbolizes "fun" to me.
Red is happy.
Red makes me smile.
It matches my $15 desk turned buffet that I absolutely love!
And... why not?

Yes, it may be slightly committed but... life is short. Why not commit? I don't consider myself a decorator but I like to have fun and make things homey if I can. I haven't always had the opportunity. Paint is cheap... this wall cost $3.  I did add the chalk board since I can't hang a shelf or anything that would get in the way of the doors opening. My mawmaw's cornucopia is just about too thick. Jeff did his "fix it" thing and glued it back together once again.

My philosophy is if it's cheap (or free... free is good), makes you smile and the people you live with don't HATE it... then go for it!!!!  My people just happen to be boys who are VERY easy going when it comes to decorating stuff. I used to say they didn't care but since we have lived here and I've done a few different things I've heard them say "I really like this" and "I like our house". I've been to different places around the world and every home is unique. Some have the means to decorate, and some don't. When I look at my humble home... I'm so blessed. I feel spoiled to make these little "fun" changes.  This is the first color change I've made in the house (besides the boys room which was an add-on).  There's still a couple of little things I'm going to do in the kitchen.
Overall, I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

To end this fine Thursday evening, I'd like to share a quote from a devotional book a friend gave me.
"Most people plot and plan themselves into mediocrity, while now and again somebody forgets himself into greatness." E. Stanley Jones

Coffee is made. Timer is on. Tomorrow is Friday.






0 comments:

Post a Comment