Thursday, October 8, 2015

A Letter to Randy Travis

Hi Randy, you don't know me but I feel like I know you. I got a call from your biggest fan today. She has loved you for as long as I can remember. She has all of your albums, more of your shirts than I can count. She's been to every concert she could go to. She has to have assistance because she has Cerebral Palsy. She loves with all her heart, it's all she knows to do. When I talk to her on the phone she always gives me an update on your progress. When you have had less than ideal moments in your life, she says in her slow drawn out loving way "I hope he don't do that again". I wish you could hear her voice... she loves big! Her dad died when she was 12. Her mom passed away 6 years ago. Her grandmothers and aunts who helped raise her have all passed away. She has an amazing sister and brother and they make sure she is loved and cared for. Me... I just wish I could give her more hugs. I love her with all my heart and... I wish life was simpler so I could see her more, spend more time with her. When I go pick her up she always has her Randy CDs with her. When we would make multiple trips to visit her mom in the hospital she would play your music non-stop. I mean... I love you and all but after a while I'm ready for something different :) I never say so though... to her, you hung the moon. Even with the mistakes you've made... she doesn't care, she loves you! I know even with all the fame you have, there are times you feel lonely and unloved. Please know that my cousin Cathy loves you with everything in her and she is praying you make a full recovery and come in concert somewhere close by. Trust me, if you do... we'll be there. Even though the last concert I took her to we were in a hurry to go to the bathroom so she could get back to the seat so I was speed walking to the bathroom, I hit a bump with her walker and down we both went. I felt so bad and was so worried. I wanted to take her home but she wouldn't have it... she HAD to go back and see the rest of the concert. There will never be a more devoted fan. When you feel discouraged, please know, Cathy is cheering for you!!! She'll let me know when you are singing again :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment