Sunday, October 18, 2015

God, it's Yours... Again

Just pretend it's yesterday....

We had the typical day yesterday, ya know... the one that comes before a big storm?  Even when you know a storm is actually going to be good, it will produce rain, cooler temps, beautiful fresh new air, there is still prep to do. If you don't prep then you will have trash everywhere, broken patio umbrella... etc...  We are getting ready for our youngest man-child's 17th b-day party. Yes, it's fun and yes, I thoroughly enjoy it. There's a bit of chaos with any kind of prep. Actually, I prefer big events because it makes me get things done that I normally don't put priority. This last week I set out to do a few projects that were finished up yesterday, thankfully. Then there's the yard prep, the detail cleaning, the moving of stuff.... it's all good stuff but naturally, it brings a level of exhaustion.   As I've learned not to get stressed with things like this because they always turn out fine, I do tend to think too much haha. As I was thinking, I realized... I think too much :)  There's a Lauren Daigle song "Once and for All".  Music is my souls emotion. Music speaks what mere words cannot.


God I give You all I can today
These scattered ashes that I hid away
I lay them all at Your feet
From the corners of my deepest shame
The empty places where I've worn Your name
Show me the love I say I believe
Oh Help me to lay it down
Oh Lord I lay it down

It seems each time I lay something down, I want to pick it back up. Why? I mean, I know it's much lighter without it, I know what I "should" do... oh Paul, how you speak my language.  

Oh let this be where I die
My Lord with thee crucified
Be lifted high as my Kindom's fall
Once and for all

Don't get discouraged if you once again picked up a burden or habit that you've laid down so many times. Do it again... start fresh!  Give it to God, Once and for All!!!!  He's worthy!!!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment