Sunday, October 11, 2015

Clearly out of focus

When I was little I loved the Highlights Magazine. My favorite thing was to find the pages with the hidden objects. I was pretty good at it if I do say so myself :)  There was always that one object that was a tough one. Sometimes I would have to leave the page for a while and then come back.  When I would find it there would be an exclamation "I LOOKED RIGHT AT IT A HUNDRED TIMES". My lack of focus for that particular object kept me from seeing it. Other things were clearly in better view and focus, they took over.

Today, God reminded me how easy it is to lose focus. We are to keep our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. We are to stand strong and firm. Follow Him at any cost. Then occasionally.... something else becomes clearer, we see it so clearly and we began to focus on it to the point we lose focus of the very think our heart desires... our souls are passionate for - to see God exalted, His name glorified in whatever way He sees fit. But, ya know... this house, it needs fixing and the car... it needs fixing and the kids... they need clothes and oh, I could really use a vacation. Here's where my eyes go way to often - well they......

Oh dear Lord keep my eyes on YOU, not THEM! THEY are not my focus. Sharing your love to the broken, feeding the hungry, loving the unlovable, praying, trusting and KNOWING that YOU are worth all of my praise!!!!

This morning we had a beautiful time of worship, focusing on the intricate details of creation... oh the wonder of it all. We closed service with the song "How Great Thou Art". How I long for HIM to be my focus. The struggle is real of living this life and being IN this society/world but keeping my eyes on the Creator!!! He is worthy!!!  In the midst of hurt, pain and confusion not only do I desire to keep clearly focused on Jesus, I want to continually point others to Him!

Nehemiah 9:6 "You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you."

He deserves our praise. He is worthy of our trust. He is faithful. He is all we need.

0 comments:

Post a Comment