Sunday, October 25, 2015

Rain boots, blue and firetrucks

There have been times when I've been known to say "why do we even have special days?".  Special days are amazing until tragedy happens and then sometimes it can become a time of dread.  Birthdays and holidays are meant to be spent with family so when we no longer have them our hearts seem to ache even more on these special days.

Today is little Micah's birthday. He would be turning 7 yrs old today. Little Micah went to heaven last year in a car accident. The Brown family was forever changed. Even though I don't get to see them very much I pray for them every day. On days like today, I pray for them even more!  I can't begin to understand what they are going through but I know we have a big God with big arms to hold us all in our time of deepest despair. They hold on to hope and encourage those around them to do the same.

Yesterday, we were walking a neighborhood yard sale, I had been praying for the Brown's as they celebrated little Micah's life.  We met a family and were talking to them, I saw a sweet little pair of rain boots. Little Micah loved rain boots and wore them all the time. I bought the little boots and held them tightly as we walked around the neighborhood. Today, I wore my rain boots and a blue shirt. Micah's favorite color was blue. So many people around the world pray for the Brown's every day!!!! Hang on to hope!!!

Hebrews 6:19 "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure"


0 comments:

Post a Comment