Friday, October 16, 2015

Making memories

You know those memories you want to place in a bottle, put a lid on it and then take it out whenever life feels too hard and overwhelming?  Well, yes I do realize we have this newfangled thing called "recording" but I mean a memory that can't be recorded. One that means so much you're not sure a camera could capture the meaning.

Tonight was a night when a concert was not just a concert. A drive was more than a drive. Tea at his new place of employment was more than just "tea". We made memories... our lives have changed quite a bit over the past year. As I've found our time together is less, I've actually realized... it's more. It's more on purpose, it's more special, it's with the intent of enjoyment.  I'm learning more and more what my mom feels like. How she felt when I flew the coupe without a second thought. How much time means to her even though I'm grown and have kids of my own. It's love. Love that can't be explained with any amount of words. When you love someone, time with them is so precious!

Micah and I had a great opportunity to go to a local concert this evening. It was just a guy and his guitar. Trust me... nothing else was needed. He was an amazing musician!  When I saw he was going to be in town, I had not heard of him so I looked up some of his music and immediately knew that Micah would love to hear him. This is not our normal type of venue but we took a chance and we are so glad we did! We thoroughly enjoyed listening to him. Not sure I can put my finger on his style... folk/blues/old country/80's... awesome is what it was. 


Lately, I've struggled to remember things... short and long term. Pretty sure it's a combo of getting older/stress/getting older but... we won't go there.  I realize what a treasure memories are. It's a mystery to me the way God has created our intricate brains. So for this moment, as I lay my head down, I will hold on to precious life God has blessed me with! I'm so grateful for a wonderful evening making memories!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment