Friday, October 2, 2015

Day 2....

First, let me just say that it feels very strange to be blogging 2 days in a row. I have really had to dig deep for this and... um... it's only DAY TWO! Houston, we have a problem. When I said I would do this I thought, surely I can find a topic that will allow me to connect and spew out something blog worthy... nope. I'm doing it anyway though haha I'll throw out some different things I've been thinking about...
Homeschooling
Parenting
Marriage
Missions
Coffee
Friendships
God's provision/guidance
Family

THEN... it hit me... just do all of the above, well, maybe not ALL of the above but a conglomeration (confession, I had to look up how to spell that) of at least some of them.

I'm going to call it something like "the many hats of a mad momma" no... that doesn't sound right. "mom's many hats", "what hat is mom wearing?" "where's mom's hats?" I don't know what to call it. Imma just go for it and I'll figure out a name for it later...

Hat #1
Chef
I do like this hat. It would be great to have a closet of hats that I could just go pick one up and throw it on. My boys would LOVE that ha. Cooking is one of the many things I love to do. I get pooped out though and then the kitchen is a mess and that makes me not want to cook. DO NOT like to cook in a dirty kitchen!!! My mom was/is the BEST cook. She would get up every morning and make us breakfast, make sure we had lunch and cook supper in the evenings. We very rarely went out to eat. My kitchen time is special! As my kids were growing up we spent a lot of time in the kitchen. They knew if we were in the kitchen that meant momma's teacher hat was in the closet :) Although, we did a lot of teaching in the kitchen it just never felt like it because it was fun. Lots of great conversations!!!

Here's one of our favorite foods we've had over the years

Burrito Bowls
chicken or ground beef
onion
tri-peppers
celery
can corn
can black beans
can rotel
black olives
rice

cook chicken or beef
remove from skillet and set aside
saute vegetables
add other ingredients

serve over corn chips w/cheese, sour cream and salsa
top with cilantro if desired (we always desire... we LOVE cilantro)

OHGREATGOODNESS!!! can't believe I'm clicking publish........

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep blogging girl I love it!blessings! !!

Post a Comment