Monday, October 19, 2015

Tradition

Do you have traditions? Everyone has individual traditions, family traditions, holiday traditions. I think it's a way for us to remember, to connect our memories and our emotions. We have this "remember when..." moment and we connect, we cry... at least I cry :)  My youngest man-child just so happened to pick cinnamon rolls to be his birthday breakfast tradition.  Guess what I was doing at 6:30 this morning?  Drinking coffee of course because I was about to make cinnamon rolls haha.  We had some potatoes left over from yesterday's yummy lunch so I scrambled some eggs and made a breakfast skillet. Breakfast is definitely the way to his heart. He LOVES breakfast!

After our yummy breakfast, Nate had school then a trip to the gym, home for b-day cake #2 and a birthday trip to guitar center. Once again I soaked it all in! Another birthday, another chance to celebrate life!


We finished the day by having dinner at Newks.  Micah had to work so it was just the three of us. All in all a great day of celebration!

Now... no. more. cake. My body does NOT do well with sugar/yeast/gluten and I have WAY overdone it the last few days. I'm officially on cleanse mode!!!

Ps. 145:3-5 "Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts. I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works."

0 comments:

Post a Comment