Sunday, October 4, 2015

I've waited all day for this

This morning was in fact a true Sunday morning. I love Sundays even though I know they come with a range of challenges and emotions. It is always worth it! This morning was no different. In my quiet time I thought "this is awesome, a blog thought before 9am". Then we head to church and God began to move in my heart and I thought "well, I just thought I knew what I was writing on...". Once again after church we had an amazing baptism service and I thought "wow, that's it!". Nope. Changed hats again in mid day and I was certain the hat and topic I was to blog about. The moral of this story... I'm not even going to try tomorrow... I'm just going to wait until 11pm and then write whatever is at hand.

Lemme explain... no, it is too much, lemme sum up.

There is a part of me who wants to be blunt and real about the tears that were shed today, the emotions felt of being a parent and friend. There's another part of me who is counting her blessings and truly doesn't want to come across as complaining. I'm in a "transition" stage which quite a few of my friends are familiar with. My kids need less and less of me... I know they will always "need" me... you know what I mean. Sometimes it becomes lonely. It's something I've been preparing for and have tried to learn from those who have walked this road ahead of me but let me just say... I'm not fairing so well. Through all of the ups and downs today, I cried, laughed and prayed quite a bit. God is faithful! My Jeffrey says "what can I do?". My answer "can tomorrow come a little faster?". You see, I know in the grand scheme of things this is a blimp, a blink, a smidgen of time but right now, my momma heart feels the apron strings untying and flapping aimlessly in the wind. Well... ya know what, I think I'll just go fly a kite in the wind, I mean... I like kites

That's it... my 5 yr old hat is on my head and I'm proud of my purple and orange polka dots :)

2 comments:

Joy Martin said...

I understand this heart of your's :-)

Joy Martin said...

I understand this heart of your's :-)

Post a Comment