Friday, October 9, 2015

My hat got bigger

Today was a great day in more ways than one. Spent some time with my mom and my sister. Even though it was in a waiting room I still enjoyed hanging out with them. I came home with the intentions of finalizing plans to build a baking station. Not only did we finalize plans but we went to Lowe's, bought the stuff AND built it! I feel like my organizing hat just grew 2 sizes. I'm so in love with this hat I feel quite guilty... ok, maybe not haha We are so blessed with this house, I love figuring out the best ways to use our space. We are so grateful to have a place to figure out :)

Over the years we've lived in a few different places (um... like 14...) and most of those we rented. Of course there were limitations to what we could do. Even though I'm not much of a decorator, I do like organization which often fuels some decorating. Something I've observed in our travels. Functionality can be decorative. I've tried to decorate our sweet little house with either some that has function or something that is sentimental. We still have too much stuff even with all the constant getting rid of things haha. Keep moving forward...

Switching gears a little... I love to doodle/draw. This morning I pulled out a sketch book that I had some goals, scriptures, encouragements written in and came across this picture. Yesterday was a rough day emotionally. One thing my mom has always said "one day at a time" and when my boys were small we started adding "tomorrow is a new day". I hold on to that! No matter what the day brings, the sun will indeed come up tomorrow (even if it's cloudy and you can't see the sun... it's still there). One of my favorite verses Lamentations 3:23. His mercies are new EVERY day!!!

The sun was AMAZING today!!!!!



2 comments:

Jenifer Harrod said...

I'm so glad it does come up over and over again. WE need new days with no mistakes in them. Love you! Its like you have been reading my mail lately and encouraging me.

Joy Thomas said...

Don't you LOVE how God does that!!! Keep pushing forward girl! love you!!!

Post a Comment