Sunday, October 18, 2015

Oh what a difference 17 yrs can make

What were you doing 17 yrs ago? Me, I was trying to figure out how in the world we were going to take care of TWO little rambunctious boys.  Trying to sleep but not being able to because I was so anxious and HUGE! I spent a big majority of my pregnancy sick, the last 3 months I was on bed rest. In and out of the hospital 7 times. It was quite a stressful time. In all that... I was so excited to get this baby boy HERE and to see who he looked like. What will his personality be?

When I was pregnant with Micah, we lived in Jeff's parent's place. This little step stool was calling out to be painted. Of course the theme of the decade was "Noah's Ark". I painted this "two by two" never dreaming I would have two boys within the next 2 yrs. What a blessing God has given me. Tears? Yes. Pain? Yes. Stress? Yes. All of the love, laughter, happiness and all around awesomeness outweighs any heartache. I couldn't understand how I could love another child as much as I did Micah. It was evident that many others had done this but I just couldn't wrap my brain around it.  I'm so thankful God grants us an abundance of love... it multiplies for our children!!!

I still have no clue how to be a mom but one thing I tell my boys all the time is "I'm here!". Good, bad, ugly... I'm here!  Happy Birthday Eve Tator!!!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment