Monday, October 5, 2015

What would this hat look like???

Organizing. I'm not sure what kind of hat this would look like but it would be AWESOME! I'm a fan of organization although the process is sometimes a bit stressful, I always enjoy the outcome. Saturday we began an overhaul of organizing in the spare room. I decided to continue organizing and pull my winter stuff out. Of course I did... it was nice and warm today. I pulled every bit of clothing that I own out and stacked them all in their separate categories. I don't consider myself a clothes person, I'm not a fan of shopping and if asked I would probably say I'm pretty simple when it comes to clothing. After today I have to reconsider that answer. It looked like a thrift store had thrown up in my room. This was not my plan for today. My plan was to take Nate to chemistry/geometry, get my menu written out and go get groceries. Even after all these years... I attempt to make plans. Here was the problem, I got it all pulled out and got a little discouraged but I really had to do something because well... I couldn't walk in my room. After pulling all of my winter things out of the container (yay boots!) I placed all of my summer things in the container that will go up in the attic. Clothing I didn't wear (or didn't fit... but we won't go there...) went in the donate bag. It started shaping up a bit to where I could see a light at the end of the tunnel. My mom txted and asked if I wanted to walk because of course since I was putting my summer things up... it's stink'n hot outside. Mom was kind enough to come over here so that gave me time to get things almost done. I took a break and we walked probably a little over 3 miles. We didn't keep track but it was right under an hour. *rabbit trail* I love Mondays for this fact, my mom and I try to have coffee or walk every Monday. It makes Mondays amazing!!!! Ok... back on track! NOW... I get to go get groceries :) Get everything home and my awesome other half decides he and Micah should grill the pork chops, um YES! We set out cooking an amazing meal - grilled pork chops, herb potatoes, green beans and veg medley. We were missing the youngest of team thomas but he came in shortly after we ate.

THEN.... I finished putting my things away and now I'm happy to say I have less stuff and I'm more organized and it feels GREAT! It really made me think "why is this so gratifying?". I think it's a control thing to be honest. It's a situation in life that I can control. So much is uncontrollable and out of my hands. Organizing seems to simplify life for me. I breathe better. I would like to say my whole house is clean and organized... um, nope. Strangely enough, I'm ok with that. Would I like for it to be? Oh yes, I think it would be awesome but it's an unattainable expectation and I've learned I can't place my happiness on cleanliness and organization. Trust me my friends... it is so very tempting for me. I do have to remind myself quite often "it's ok... it's just stuff". But for tonight, most of my "stuff" is organized :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment