Sunday, July 8, 2018

Memember when...

For some reason, a season of change or reaching a big milestone brings about remembering - or as my boys used to say "memembuurrr".  I can go back as far as graduating high school, at that point we gathered pictures and went over all the school years with almost all fondness :)  Then engagement, marriage, kids, moving, kids birthdays, kids graduations.....  each change comes with its own set of remembering.

This new adventure we are on has proven to be the same. How in the world did we get here???  I mean, not in a bad way at all. Just simply, wow! we are here... look at all that transpired to get - HERE.  Depends on which version of the Bible you have but it's safe to say the Bible mentions the word/concept "remember" over 150 times.

Remembering the past is a funny thing, it can be the chains that hold you tightly in one spot, full of fear OR it can be the freedom that catapults you to the very person God intends you to be. 

Today, we were blessed to visit a place full of memories! We went back to the church building my family attending WAY back in the 70s. Wow! Just saying that out loud reassures me... I'm getting old. That's ok... I mean, look at the memories and stories!!! It's fantastic!!!!  My family attending Shiloh Baptist Church on Virginia Boulevard here in Huntsville Alabama. We also lived just down the street.  One thing I've noticed about childhood memories - things always seemed BIGGER. I walked into this church and thought "wow, I sure do remember this being bigger".  HAHA  This sweet little church has a community of believers meeting there on a regular basis.  It was such a blessing!!!! 
Sang my first solo there - The crayon song
Fell and bit my tongue in two on that playground
Remember hearing my first missionary come speak

And now... here we are, YEARS later.
Memembering.
These memories serve as a sweet reminder, God is writing our story! He pens every chapter. He artistically draws every illustrated picture.  I'm SO EXCITED!!!!! 

This next chapter is going to be EPIC!!!!!!!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment