Friday, October 21, 2011

"welcome home"


We are now back in the good ol USA! We had an amazing trip! Full of God-given opportunities, conversations, activities... we are very grateful!!! The people there are amazing! I really enjoyed the different cultures. There is a respect of differences because to a certain extent we are all culturally different. It is not "ok, that's just weird", there is more "cool, that's different!". I do feel like I've spent a holiday with friends and only God can do that with total "strangers".

Wednesday and Thursday were extremely busy! We celebrated Nate's birthday in London on Wednesday. We survived the tube and rail system of London. My favorite memory of London may seem simple but it will stick with me. We had been walking for quite a while and everyone was getting a little tired and ready for a break. The London Bridge was an awesome sight, but the boys were ready for FOOD (as always ha). Nate picked lunch since it was his b-day. He picked a little asian place on a main walk way through a financial part of town it seemed. We could see the bridge from where we sat. Sushi!!! super perfect for me of course. The boys chose rice bowls. They were very good... except for Nate. Although he has come a LONG way in eating different foods there are still some things he just is not fond of. I noticed he wasn't eating so I told him I would switch with him ~ yeah, I'm sacrificial like that hahahahaha the rice bowl, really was good. It just had some different spices in it that were stronger than we normally eat. Nate had 2 sushi rolls and then he was done. He didn't complain at all... I just noticed he wasn't eating much and I KNEW he was hungry. He didn't want to go get anything else because it is quite expensive to eat there. We reassured him that it was fine, we would really like him to EAT... especially on his birthday. Jeffrey took him to another little place where he was able to get an amazing sandwich and he ate ALL of it. He was so thankful. Just a simple memory like that... out of all the places we went... that one is special to me. My family, together!!! We ate outside and watched as the people hustled by. At one point when we were running through the tube system I hollered back at Jeff "it's contagious!" We weren't even on a time schedule but if you didn't walk/run you pretty much were trampled haha

Overall, we feel this trip was amazing in MANY MANY ways!!! God used it to give us information, friendships, memories and so much more!!! To see the work of God from a global view is an amazing thing and we were able to get more of a glimpse of that on this trip.

There is a blog coming about a near death experience in a big pasture with horses.... another blog to come.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment