Thursday, November 3, 2022

Play Time

When I was growing up - back in the dark ages - we didn't have all this newfangled stuff to play with. Listen, I warned errbody way back when I first blogged that I ain't got no good grammar so don't come on up in hea and tell me I'm Southern mixed with some kind of gangsta. To be honest, It's hard for me not to type out how I would talk. I'm pretty sure that's why I have like 3 subscribers, I'm ok with that! This is mainly to log memories and just have fun.

Brings me back to... what was your favorite toy growing up??? I was born in 1975 so I'm telling the truf, we really didn't have all the tech stuff that's here today. We didn't really have a lot of toys.
We had a barn with animals, a farmer, wagon, silo and fence. I remember playing with that the most.
Outside was definitely my favorite. Riding my bike and just singing at the top of my lungs. Our neighbors surely thought I was a wild child. Well, other than the one who shot out our car window. Maybe a story for another time...

Our little trailer park probably wasn't the safest place in our town so mom and dad did well by not letting us go play in the neighborhood. Even still, I wore a path in front of our trailer riding back and forth acting like I was on my way somewhere important.

People say that as adults it's important to play. That sounds fun right?

For me, playing is using my creativity. Painting, crochet, making jewelry... I'm aware this is not the definition of "playing" to a lot of people.

Today I set out to play and have fun at some point. Wasn't sure what that looked like but I really had the best intentions. Came bedtime and I had only "adulted", nothing I would classify as "play time".

As I was winding down and getting ready for bed I saw the girls' charms that I'd been holding on to since February. I decided on Lillian's first Valentine's Day to get her a new charm for a bracelet every year. Hopefully something that speaks to that year. My challenge is - what to do for a boy now??? This year has been a bit nuts and even though I bought the charms in February I had not been able to put them on the bracelets. I pulled everything out and began to put them together. A gummy bear for LilyBell and a honey bee for Jubi! I write them a little note each year. Not sure when I'll give them to them. Seems like they would like it at 10 but probably appreciate it more at 18. We'll see how life goes :)

While doing this "task" it hit me... I'm playing, this is absolutely FUN to me!!!

Here's my point, as we get older our play time may look a little different. Although, my DIL did find a vintage barn that is exactly like the one I had as a child. She gave it to me for my birthday so I actually DO get to PLAY with the grands!!!!!

Go on... find time to PLAY!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment