Monday, November 7, 2022

A Granny

Most people at some point in their life have been asked the question "what do you want to be when you grow up?". Many of us are still trying to figure that out. In this season of empty nest I've given it a lot of thought.

Some people get their mind/heart set on one career path as a child and it stays there. They just KNOW what they want to do and they do it! Kudos to those annoying, overachievers.

Most of society it seems, bounces around like a warped bouncy ball trying to find where we fit. How do our likes, dislikes, personality, talents... all of that - fit into making a living in order to EAT? :)

The first half of my adult life was laid out for me. I was a wife and a mom. Not just a mom but a homeschool mom. Secretary for Thomas Inc. Dabbled in pretty much every career without being a "professional".

Wouldn't.
Change.
A.
Thing.

Thoroughly enjoyed those years and they FLEW by way too fast! There is a part of me however that wonders if I would have had a career path and edumacated, would I have more direction now??? That wasn't my life, I'll never know so I ain't dwell'n on that...
And we're walking...

What is my answer now when someone inevitably crosses that line and says "so what do you do?". Well, first of all Susan, I survive. Thank you. BUT... other than that, I'm a wife/mom/GrandLady!

As I was thinking about this, my mind wondered back to a Texas restaurant - Grandy's

Grandy's had the best fried chicken livers other than my mom's. My dad was very fond of Grandy's so we went as often as the wallet would allow which wasn't a ton but it was enough for me to be influenced by "Granny". At every Grandy's they had a "Granny" who would welcome you, walk around the restaurant clearing things, talking, filling drinks etc. I remember thinking "I want that job when I grow up".

You see where I'm going here... I've hit my goal!!! I'm a GranLady AKA "Granny"!!! Imma perfect my fried livers and get a soda fountain :)

Every place of business should have a "Granny". I think it would enhance businesses in general.

But... what do I know? I'm just a GrandLady ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment