Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Sweeping away the cobwebs

Our front porch seems to be the breeding ground for cobwebs. I sweep them away and look back up and "poof" they're back! Then I stare at them every time I go in the house until I have time and remember to go out there and sweep them away again.  This morning, I woke up to a brand new day! One that was fresh and unused. One that I hadn't been able to mess up yet.  Ya see yesterday was a little rough. I allowed my spirit to get down and my tears just wouldn't seem to stop so like a child... I put myself to bed BECAUSE I knew today was coming!  My faithful husband was up early this morning and headed out the door so I went and sat on the front porch, talking to him as he left. He's assuring me "we can do this baby, we are tired but... God's got this this!".  After kisses and hugs and "I love you" he headed off to work. Little funny (not funny) side note to our life... our awesome thoughtful son decided to pull up beside dad so that he wouldn't have to worry about moving a vehicle before he left for work, the slight problem with this was that Jeff had to climb through the passenger side to get in :)  OK... back to the moral of the story...  I said goodbye and I'm sitting there with my coffee and the most beautiful sunshine was coming through the trees and....  shining bright on the most cobwebs I had ever seen!!!!  I did what any good mom/wife would do, I went and got my phone so I could take a picture :)   THEN I went and got the broom and started sweeping.  As I was sweeping those cobwebs, ya know what else I was sweeping away???  Doubt, fear, anxiety, questions of worthiness... all of these things my mind filled with yesterday... just swept them right out in to the yard.  They don't belong clinging on to the side of my brain, they are ugly!

Here's to a new day friends!!!!  God's a big God and He has mighty plans for you today!!!!!!
Go get a broom and start sweeping!!!!  <3


0 comments:

Post a Comment