Tuesday, March 15, 2016

New Seasons

One thing I love about Alabama is, we have seasons. Having lived in Houston and North Florida for so many years I gained an appreciation for seasons.  Admittedly, I'm not a cold weather person but I appreciate it!!! Without the cold season... summer seems VERY long to me.

Yesterday I was blessed to have lunch with some friends. She had the cutest center piece on her table. She told me it was made by a friend. In this moment my heart sunk a little... another friend I've lost touch with. Seasons of change. We had a wonderful lunch, full of stories, food and coffee. Bringing me back to the PRESENT!!!!  Change is ok even when it feels like "the end", it's mostly a beginning.
I came home to a friend sitting on my front porch eating her lunch. It was such a welcome sight to see someone "at home" on our sweet little porch.  We had a special time of interceding for those in our lives right now who are hurting and struggling. We sat underneath an amazing tree in our back yard, it's branches span out across the back yard.  A canopy of shade for summer. Right now it is just beginning to bloom so the sun was shining through and it felt amazing!!!  With the occasional cool breeze, it was the perfect combination. As we were praying, I kept seeing this one little yellow flower. So pretty. Seasons of change. I picked the flower and thanked God for it. Thanking him for His creation and His plan. Trusting in Him! Spring is a season of hope for me. A time of new life springing forth from what seemed to be dead.  Taking a deep breath of blessing and exhaling praise to our Father, we soaked in His presence!


I spent the afternoon baking a cake for a friend's birthday. Another process God always uses in my life. Baking. A combination of so many ingredients, thrown together they make an amazing tasteful treat!!!! We enjoyed an evening of dinner, games, cake and tea. (not sure how I didn't get ONE picture) Seasons of change. Friends God has brought in our life for such a time as this, we are so thankful! All in all, it was a day of reflection even though it was busy.  Change is hard but necessary. It makes us appreciate life. Whatever season you are in, I hope God shows you glimpses of who He is... right where you are!!!! <3

3 comments:

from Fear to Wisdom said...

Wow, you perfectly captured the thoughts God has put in my heart this week as I've been reflecting on all those I've been blessed to cross paths with over my lifetime. Change is hard, but I try to embrace it and look forward to what God has in store and to look back with gratitude for all He's done!

Joy Martin said...

Yes to all of this...remembering change usually is a catalyst for growth for me. Great images ... ;-)

Joy Martin said...

...and thanks for being a prayer buddy! God-orchestrated moments ...love, love!

Post a Comment