Saturday, July 22, 2017

My Little Buddy

Have you ever spent any time with a 3 yr old????  They are amazing right?!?!?! 
I've learned so much by working with preschoolers.

They don't know how to be anyone else but themselves. I love this!
They say what is on their mind.
Dinosaurs and Super heroes are SO SO SO COOL!!!!!

I have 2 boys, trust me when I say I know how trying they can be on a day to day basis.  Trying, annoying, difficult.... all the things! BUT... as an adult with adult kids I see 3 yr olds as something truly inspiring!!!  Maybe because I get to send them HOME but still.....

Let me unfold a story for you - Family walks in for a photo session. 2 precious little boys! While mom and dad were getting there picture taken I was being entertained by this amazing 3 yr old boy! "and... and.... you know what??????"  Not quite clear what followed each time he said that but I'm convinced by his tone and expression it was VERY IMPORTANT!!!!  The sweet mom had brought a bag of goodies for the boys to use as props (I LOVE it when that happens... it's so fun for us AND the kids).  In this bag was this little man's favorite book. At some point he says "you want to read this?".  My reply was quick and meant to distract him from wanting to read this entire book "sure, maybe later".  The photo session went a little long but they did SO GOOD!!!  As they were getting ready to leave this sweet boy says "will you read this now?".  Yeah, tell me you wouldn't have given in, just tell me....
So we sit down on the floor and I open up his favorite book "The Monster at the end of this book".  Knowing I had to still stay in "work mode" I was determined to skim through this book and "read" it so he would be satisfied and all would be good.  No thing doin! He had every word memorized, no summarizing was accepted.  We did make it through the entire book and I didn't even cry. He was happy, I was happy, all God's chill'ns was happy!

Now, here's where it gets interesting! Ever experience something that should just be a situation and you move on with life but somehow this situation brings a myriad of memories/thoughts/feelings that you're really not sure what to do with at the moment so you store them away until there's time for further examination (WOW that was a long sentence, and I didn't breathe the whole time I was typing ha). This little experience made me remember precious times with my boys when we would sit and read. Their anticipation of what was to come was the same every. time. we. read. the. book.   Letting a few tears flow as these memories seep out on the computer screen. The days are long and the years are short.  I feel like I missed quite a bit of time with my sweet boys due to circumstances beyond my control and I would love to get that time back but... that wasn't God's plan. Things very rarely work out as we "plan", so I will trust HIS plan!!!  

This might be chapter 1 of "Photographer adventures with 3 yr olds!".  This was a favorite from the week, along with a very animated little boy who while eating popcorn decided we would watch a movie AKA his brother getting his picture taken.  When I asked him what the movie was he said "Thomas". Then every time we would try to talk he would say "SSssshhhh watch the movie!!!".   

I'm blessed.

I'm encouraged.

I'm tak'n a trip down memory lane but I'm ok with that :) 

Love em and laugh with em!!!!!!

Until next time - watch out for boogers in strange places!




0 comments:

Post a Comment