Tuesday, October 16, 2012

experimental baking pays... sometimes!


Right when I clicked on the link to update my blog I remembered that I forgot. I forgot to take a picture... again. This time they were so pretty and deliciously yummy. Definitely will make these again. All 12 are GONE! Occasionally I make a recipe that turns out "ok" and I'm happy with that. These muffins were delicious and no one in my family even asked if they were healthy. I took a muffin recipe and revised it and was planning on tweaking it again but honestly I won't change a thing.
Brown rice flour has a tendency to be crumbly but these were not, they had a very good texture! I really wish I was getting paid for this commercial :)

2 cups brown rice flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin spice
2 eggs
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 cup choc chips

prepare muffin pan (i used liners) preheat oven to 325
whisk dry ingredients, add choc chips
whisk wet ingredients
add wet ingredients to dry, stir only until moist.

baking time will vary according to your oven. aprox 20 min. I started checking mine at 15...

walnuts or pecans would be very good as well.
I really can't wait to make these again!!!!

so.... a pic of pumpkins and coffee :)

1 comments:

Jenifer Harrod said...

These sound great. Do you buy your brown rice flour or make it.

Post a Comment